Introduction to the Declaration
The Tadeusz Mikulski Lower Silesian Public Library in Wroclaw undertakes to provide accessibility of its website pursuant to the 2019-04-04 act on digital availability of public bodies? websites and mobile applications. The accessibility declaration applies to website www.wbp.wroc.pl
Publication and update dates
Website publication dated: 2015-01-01
Last major update date: 2015-01-01
Status of compliance with the act
The website is partially compliant with the act on digital availability of public bodies? websites and mobile applications due to nonconformities listed below. Currently, efforts are being made in order to ensure legal compliance of the website in question. We declare that soon the website will satisfy the availability requirement\s.
- no alternative descriptions and titles for certain photographs and images
- certain PDF documents are not read out properly by software for the visually impaired
- certain hyperlinks have no titles assigned
Date of making the Declaration and digital availability assessment method
The declaration was made on 2020-03-31
Date of last review of the declaration: 2023-02-27.
The declaration was made based on a self-assessment conducted by the institution.
Internet browsers enable website enlargement via keyboard shortcuts or appropriate settings. This is particularly helpful for the visually impaired. If you want to know how to easily zoom in or out on the contents displayed on your screen, go to: Zooming in and out of pages in the Windows system.
Feedback and contact details
In the case of any issues with availability of the website, contact us at: ; Telephone no.: 71 3352-204. Requests for unavailable information and availability assurance are accepted in the same manner..
Information about the procedure
Everyone has the right to request digital availability of a website, mobile application or any element thereof. You can also request availability of information via an alternative access method, e.g. by reading out a document unavailable digitally, describing the contents of a video without audio description, etc. The request should confirm the details of the submitting party. Indication of the website or mobile application in question, and a contact method. If the requesting party requires information to be provided via alternative access methods, the convenient method of presenting information should be specified too. The public body should fulfil the request immediately, no later than within 7 days from the date of submitting the request. Should this be impossible, the public body shall immediately notify the requesting party of when the request can be fulfilled, whereas this period may not exceed 2 months from the date of submitting the request. If there is no possibility of ensuring digital availability, the public body may propose an alternative method of accessing the information. If the public body refuses to fulfil the request for providing availability or an alternative method of accessing information, the requesting party may lodge a complaint regarding digital availability of a website, mobile application, or any element thereof. Once this procedure is exhausted, it is also possible to lodge a request with the Commissioner for Human Rights (https://www.rpo.gov.pl).
The building of the Tadeusz Mikulski Lower Silesian Public Library in Wroclaw is partially adapted for use by the disabled.
- The Library has no parking spaces. The following parking facilities are available nearby.
- It is possible to enter the building with a service dog.
- Entry to the building is hindered by a step and heavy, iron door, opened by physical strength. Behind the entrance door, there is a small vestibule, followed by another door providing access to a wide main hall.
- The main hall provided access to a passenger lift. The lift provides access to all the storeys intended for visitors.
- Currently, corridors and stairs have no facilities that improve accessibility.
- The building is not equipped with any ramps, platforms, voice information or induction loops.
- It is possible to use a sign language interpreter on site and on-line using the MIGAM service
In the case of any issues with accessibility, please contact us in order to determine alternative possibilities. Availability for the hearing-impaired ? in order to effectively communicate with our institution, the hearing-impaired can:
- have a third party contact us via telephone: 71 3352-204
- write a letter/submit a request at: Dolnośląska Biblioteka Publiczna im. Tadeusza Mikulskiego we Wrocławiu, ul. Rynek 58, 50-116 Wrocław.
- send an e-mail to:
- contact us in person, by coming to the Library during business hours, between 08:00 and 15:00.
How to find us?
Instructions regarding the location and entrance to the Library, public transport, stops and parking spaces.
The main entrance to the Library is on the north frontage of the Market Square. The pavement adjacent to the building and encircling the Market Square (also along the front and entrance to the Library) is paved with the so-called heelway. The heelway is made of manually laid granite paving blocks, cut to a special shape, where the gaps are filled with mortar. That makes the surface even and safe. Therefore, the road is available for wheelchair users, but also parents with prams and people wearing high heels. Please keep in mind, however, that in spring and summer the availability of this surface may be highly restricted by outdoor patios made by pubs and restaurants.
Entry to the building is hindered by a step and heavy, iron door, opened by physical strength. The doorbell button is located on the right side ? use it if you require assistance when entering the building. Behind the entrance door, there is a small vestibule (the size of which may hinder manoeuvring a wheelchair), followed by a door providing access to a wide main hall.
Below you can find details of routes from selected locations (stops, parking spaces) and links to the routes in Google Maps.
"Wita Stwosza" stop, trams no. 6, 7: Google Maps.
- Go along Szewska, southbound, towards Wita Stwosza - 57 m, turn right into Wita Stwosza ? 90m, then straight along Rynek ? 160 m. Your destination will be on the right.
?Świdnicka? stop, tram no. 4: Google Maps.
- Go along Kazimierza Wielkiego eastbound towards Świdnicka ? 21m ,turn left into Świdnicka ? 190m, turn left into Oławska ? 10m, turn right into Rynek ? 160m, turn left staying on Rynek ? 160m. Your destination will be on the right.
"Zamkowa" stop, tram no. 4: Google Maps.
"Zamkowa" stop, tram no. 4: Google Maps.
"Rynek" stop, bus no. 132, 142 and tram, no. 15: Google Maps.
- Go along Kazimierza Wielkiego, southbound, towards Świętego Antoniego ? 84m. Take the crossing, use the stairs ? 260. Turn slightly left into Rynek ? 150m. Turn right, staying on Rynek ? 25m. Your destination will be on the left.
"Rynek" stop, trams no. 4, 6, 7, 15, 74: Google Maps.
- Go along Kazimierza Wielkiego, northbound, towards Ruska ? 110m, turn right into Ruska ? 38m, continue along Bialoskórnicza ? 140m, turn right into Świętego Mikołaja ? 250m, turn slightly right into Rynek ? 37 m. Your destination will be on the left.
The Library has no parking spaces of its own. The nearest public parking spaces are available in Kielbasnicza St. and Solny Square. The suggested walking routes from these locations cross the densely built-up areas around the market square, the street and pavement surfaces are covered with paving blocks or flagstones.
Kiełbaśnicza-street, parking spaces adjacent to the wall of the St Elizabeth church: Google Maps.
- In order to reach the Library from Kielbaśnicza street, go south towards Świętego Mikołaja street, then turn left into Świętego Mikołaja, then turn slightly left into Rynek. Your destination will be on the left.
Solny square (Plac Solny), parking spaces adjacent to the wall of the St Elizabeth church: Google Maps.
- In order to reach the Library from Solny square(Plac Solny), go north towards Ruska street, then turn right while staying on Solny square, then left into Rynek. Go straight towards the fountain. Your destination is a tenement building located along the same axis, right behind it.